How can we improve NewHaven Software?

The ability for CMS tstore the dimensions of our most frequently used boxes so our shipping department doesn't have to hand enter them.

We would like CMS to store the dimensions of our most frequently used boxes so our shipping department doesn't have to hand enter them in for every order and can just select the box they are using and the dimensions will load into the Shipping Manifest. UPS WorldShip offers this in the Service Panel under Package: "Package Type".

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dave Z.Dave Z. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Russ - NewHaven SoftwareAdminRuss - NewHaven Software (Product Manager, NewHaven Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We had considered adding this to CMS in January 2015 when the carriers started applying dimensional rating to ground services. It was hard to anticipate how much it would be needed and, as it turned out, there wasn't much demand at the time. That is starting to shift now with USPS offering cubic pricing to some shippers in our space so we are taking a fresh look at what it would take to add this.

I agree though that it would appear to consist of creating a list of commonly used packages and their dimensions so they could easily be selected in a combo in the Manifest instead of having to enter the dimensions each time. I'm hoping we can also incorporate package identification by barcode to make the selection easier. In many cases the boxes already have barcodes on them (e.g. Priority Mail) and the shipping clerk is often already using a scanner - http://wiki.newhavensoftware.com/index.php/Shipping_Station_-_Best_Practices#Shipping_Best_Practices

Feedback and Knowledge Base