How can we improve NewHaven Software?

Searching for customer accounts and orders based on the ship-to and bill-to email addresses

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dave Z. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminRuss - NewHaven Software (Product Manager, NewHaven Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to provide some related information and current capabilities to provide some context for whatever enhancement may be pursued.

Shipping and billing addresses are stored with the order data. In some cases they may be saved with the customer as well if the option was selected in Order Entry to make the Ship or Bill address the default for the customer. Even with that though, those addresses may change over time.

The request here would to expand the 'Retrieve a Saved Order' options to include elements of the billing and shipping address as they appeared on the order (not as the current customer defaults.)

Current capabilities:

In cases where the order was a "multi-ship" type order (where the recipient(s) was not the same as the buyer), and you have CMS configured to create customer records for multi-ship recipients, you'd be able to find their customer record. A copy of the order can be found in both the buyer and recipient's History (although frequency and spending is only updated for the buyer.)

Also, the Advanced tab of Retrieve a Saved Order provides an option to search for order by ship-to last name. This generates a report finding all orders that have recips with that last name regardless of if they were saved as new customers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base